WHO CAN STAND?
Do not fear God’s presence, but long for it as your only place of refuge.
I. GOD’S PRESENCE IS FOR THE SINLESS (VV. 1, 11)
A. The Threat of God’s Presence (Exodus 33:20)
B. The Righteous Stand (vv. 1, 11; Psalm 1)
II. GOD’S PRESENCE IS FOR THE REDEEMED
A. Washed in the Blood of the Lamb (vv. 2-3, 13-14; cf. Genesis 4:15; Ephesians 1:13-14)
B. An Answer (and a Surprise) (vv. 4-10)
III. GOD’S PRESENCE IS A A REFUGE FROM AFFLICTION
A. Sheltered by His Presence (vv. 15-17)
B. Those Who May Stand, Bow (vv. 10-12)
C. Remembering the Blood
1. Monday—With what question does chapter 6 end? What is the expected answer?
2. Tuesday—What does the presence of the angels in heaven tell us about who belongs in the presence of God? By itself is this a comfort to you? Why or why not?
3. Wednesday—How is it possible for sinners to stand in the presence of God? To whom does this privilege belong?
4. Thursday—Why are there 144,000 from Israel? Is this number literal or figurative? What is its significance?
5. Friday—What does it mean to have God’s seal placed upon you? Is that seal visible? What is it? Why ought it be a comfort to you?