Faith in Jesus is all or nothing—we place our faith in Him alone or not at all.
I. The Confession (vv. 1-4)
A. God… Alone (vv. 1-4)
B. An Important Word
II. The Command (vv. 5-10)
A. The Commands (vv. 5-10)
B. Why Alone Scares Us
III. The Consequences (vv. 11-12)
A. What God Alone Can Do (vv. 11-12)
B. Two Roads (vv. 11-12)
C. No Appetizers, No Side Dishes, No Dessert
1. Monday—How is it possible, do you think, that someone could call Jesus Lord, but not truly be saved (Matthew 7:21-23)? Do you think they are trying to deceive others or themselves?
2. Tuesday—Why is the word “alone” so important? Why must you trust in God alone and not God plus something else?
3. Wednesday—Why do you think David has to remind himself to trust in God alone (v. 5)? Do you ever remind yourself of God’s word? Why is this a necessary practice?
4. Thursday—Why does it scare us to trust in God alone? Why do we want to add other saviors? Which are you tempted to add?
5. Friday—Why is God alone worthy of your trust and confidence? What has He done that no other has done? What can He do that no other can do?