The Banner of Forgiveness
When you turn from God, he raises his banner of forgiveness.
I. When Sin Gets the Upper-hand (vv. 1-3)
A. Taking God’s Gifts for Granted (vv. 1-3; 2 Samuel 7-11)
B. The Choice (v. 1)
C. Modern Warfare (cf. Ephesians 6:10-20)
II. Remembering God’s Promises (vv. 4-8)
A. The Banner—A Place of Refuge (vv. 4-8)
B. God’s Banner to You
III. Knowing Who to Trust (vv. 9-12)
A. Asking the Right Questions (vv. 9-11)
B. Not Trusting Your Own Strength (v. 12)
C. The Banner Raised (to Your Lips)
1. Monday—What are the two temptations each of us has when we face the consequences for our sinful choices? Which do you tend toward?
2. Tuesday—What does it mean to take God’s gifts for granted? What are some blessings in your life that you take for granted?
3. Wednesday—How are you called to relate to the battles and wars in Israel’s history (Ephesians 6:10-20)? Do you need to be in physical combat for these to apply to you?
4. Thursday—What are banners? How were they used in battle? What banner does God raise in Psalm 60 for his people who are trapped in sin? What is God’s banner to you?
5. Friday—How can asking yourself the right questions help you to abandon pride and seek the Lord? Why do you think we struggle to ask ourselves the right questions?