Women, Wisdom, and Works
When we elevate God’s gifts above God, we do not serve him, we destroy ourselves.
I. The Danger of Legalism (vv. 15-20)
A. Seeking to Make God your Debtor (vv. 15-20)
B. The Fear of God (v. 16-18)
II. The Danger of Intellectualism (vv. 21-25)
A. Seeking to Know the Hidden Things (v, 23; Deuteronomy 29:29)
B. Things You Can’t (and Don’t Want to) Know (vv. 21-22, 24-25)
III. The Danger of Romanticism (vv. 26-29)
A. Love is Power?
B. Those Who Flatter, Enslave (vv. 26-29; 1 Kings 11:3)
IV. One in a Thousand (John 17:1-4)
A. The Way, the Truth, and the Life (John 14:6; 17:1-4)
B. Avoiding Temptation
C. It’s Not About You
1. Monday—What are idols? Why do people invent them?
2. Tuesday—What is legalism? How does it take something good and twist it? Have you ever thought God owed you something in return for your obedience?
3. Wednesday—What is intellectualism? How does it take something good and twist it? Have you ever used knowledge as a weapon?
4. Thursday—What is romanticism? How does it take something good and twist it? Have you followed your heart rather than God?
5. Friday—How does Jesus perfectly embody righteousness, truth, and love? How does he free you up to pursue these things in a proper way?