When the Lights Go Dark
Ecclesiastes 11:8 - 12:8
Living life in the pursuit of God will allow you to face death with peace.
I. The Coming Darkness (12:1-8)
A. Dark Days are Coming (12:1-2, 6-8)
B. Sober Reflection (12:3-5)
II. He Who Underwent Darkness for Our Sakes (Matthew 27:45-46)
A. When the Sky Went Dark (Matthew 27:45-46)
B. What God Values
III. While There Is Still Light (11:8 - 12:1)
A. Rejoice in God’s Gifts (11:8; Proverbs 20:29)
B. Remember God (11:9 - 12:1)
C. Today’s Bread
1. Monday—Do you ever struggle to be content with your stage of life? Does the grass look greener on the other side? Why do you think that is?
2. Tuesday—Why do times of death cause us to reflect on our own mortality? What is the danger of refusing to think about death?
3. Wednesday—Is God unable to sympathize with us in our struggles in life? Has he remained at a safe distance from all pain and suffering?
4. Thursday—What’s the difference between beliefs and values? What could cause God to become man and suffer? What does this tell you about his values?
5. Friday—Why is it important to remember God when you are young if you want to remember him when you are old? What do you need to do if you want to learn to find joy in the midst of life's struggles?