Joshua 5:2-7, 13-15
There is a war waging and the question that you must ask is “Whose side are you on?”
I. Preparing For War (vv. 1-7)
A. Finding Salem (vv. 1-3)
B. Whose Side? (vv. 4-7; Joshua 5:13-15)
II. The Motives for War (vv. 4, 8-10)
A. The Evil Motives of Wicked Men (v. 4)
B. The Noble Motives of a Loving God (vv. 8-10)
III. The Last Tabernacle (vv. 1-2, 8-12)
A. He Tabernacled Among Us (vv. 1-2; 1 Peter 5:8; John 1:1-18)
B. Salvation through Judgment (vv. 8-9)
C. Whose Side?
D. Set Apart Unto the Lord (vv. 10-12; Joshua 5:2-7)
E. Apart from Me You Can Do Nothing (John 6, 15)
1. Monday—Are there any legitimate reasons to go to war? What are some wrong reasons? What are some right reasons?
2. Tuesday—Why was it right for God to take Israel to war to clean out the Promised Land? Did this mean that God was doing Israel’s bidding?
3. Wednesday—What does it mean that God is not on our side or the side of our enemies (cf. Joshua 5:13-15)? Why was Joshua’s question, the wrong question?
4. Thursday—How does God use judgment to save his people (Psalm 76:9)?
5. Friday—What does it mean to be set apart for the Lord? Why is it important that we belong to him fully?