You must be aware of and fight the temptation to self-deception through entertainment and distractions.Read More
Making sense of the world begins with quietly worshipping the God of heaven.
I. Worshipping with Quiet Reverence (vv. 1-7)
A. The Gifts of Man’s Imaginations (vv. 1-7)
1. Gifts / Bribes (v. 1; cf. 1 Samuel 15)
2. Many Words (vv. 2, 7; Matthew 6:7-8)
3. Dreams of Fancy (vv. 3, 7)
4. Empty Vows (vv. 4-5)
B. Authentic Worship (vv. 1-2, 4-5, 7)
II. Jesus, the Silent Sacrifice
A. More than Going through the Motions (John 4:34; 10:17; 12:27; 13:27; Luke 22:42)
B. Silent Wisdom (vv. 1-2)
C. Eating the Food of Jesus (John 4:34)
1. Monday—How do many take the idea of authenticity in worship today? What happens when we become the test of authenticity in worship?
2. Tuesday—Why are we tempted to use many words in worship and prayer? Why does God say it is better to listen?
3. Wednesday—What is the allure of dreams? What is the problem with trusting dreams over scripture?
4. Thursday—What does it mean to guard your steps as you enter into God’s house? Do you feel the weightiness of God’s holiness when you enter into worship?
5. Friday—What does it mean to offer yourself up as sacrifice of worship? What does truly authentic worship cost you?Read More