Our Finest Hour
Jesus entered into the depths of our pain and misery in order to draw us out of through a salvation that he alone could offer.
I. Moses and the First Jewish Holocaust (Exodus 1:15 - 2:10)
A. The First Holocaust—1500 BC (Exodus 1:15-22)
B. The One Who Escaped (Exodus 2:1-10)
C. What the Birth of Moses Signaled
II. Jesus and the Second Jewish Holocaust (Matthew 2:16-21)
A. The Second Holocaust (0 AD)
B. The One Who Escaped
C. What the Birth of Jesus Signaled
III. Your Life in Light of His (Revelation 12:1-6)
A. The Attack Continues (for a Time) (Revelation 12:1-5)
B. What History Teaches Us
C. Manna in the Wilderness (Revelation 12:6)
1. Monday—What does it mean that “it’s precisely at the darkest hours, that the possibility of greatness presents itself”? How can that help change the lens through which we look at hard times?
2. Tuesday—What holocaust was taking place when Moses was born? Can you imagine such a reality were it to happen today? What do you think the Jews were feeling at the time?
3. Wednesday—Moses’ name literally means “draw out.” How did his name anticipate what God would do through him?
4. Thursday—How was the context into which Jesus came similar to that of Moses? What did his birth signal to the people?
5. Friday—In what ways are all people in a similar context to Israel in Egypt? What is the hope for those in the darkness of of slavery to sin?