Those who desire truth, must find it in the Lord.
I. Men and False-gods Pervert the Truth (vv. 1-5)
A. Saul, Absalom, or False Gods? (v. 1)
B. When Morality Becomes Immoral (vv. 1-5)
C. A Not-So-Ancient Problem
II. God Protects and Reveals the Truth (vv. 6-9)
A. Neutralize Their Power (v. 6)
B. Let Them Be Forgotten (vv. 7-8a)
C. The Sooner the Better (vv. 8b-9)
III. Those Who Love the Truth Rejoice in God’s Justice (vv. 10-11)
A. The Truth about Timing (v. 10)
B. The True Goal (v. 11)
C. The True Motivation
D. The True Picture
1. Monday—What does it mean “There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death”? Why can’t you trust your hearts at all times?
2. Tuesday—What is David asking his afflicters when he says, “Do you indeed decree what is right, you gods? Do you judge the children of man uprightly?” In what ways do people try to decree what is right today?
3. Wednesday—How do lies lose their power? What is the most powerful weapon against lies?
4. Thursday—What is wrong with demanding God remedy all evils immediately? What does a lack of patience on your part reveal?
5. Friday—Do you ever find yourself tempted to think God’s morals are immoral? Are you ever tempted to find fault with him? What does God call you to do with this?