The New Creation
1 Corinthians 15:35-49
Heaven is not merely an escape—heaven is what you were created for.
I. Heaven is not an Afterthought (vv. 1-4)
A. Heaven Can Be Touched (vv. 1-4; 1 Corinthians 15:16-19, 49)
B. Consummation (Not Restoration) (v. 4; 1 Corinthians 15:40-44)
C. Where God is Most Clearly Revealed (and Reflected) (vv. 3, 7)
II. Heaven Belongs to the Children of God (vv. 5-8)
A. For Sons (v. 7)
B. For Conquerors (not Cowards) (vv. 7-8)
C. For the Thirsty (v. 6)
III. Heaven Is Already Experienced by the Redeemed (v. 5)
A. Making (v. 5)
B. You Are a New Creation (2 Corinthians 5:17)
C. You Have Ascended the New Jerusalem (Hebrews 12:22-24)
1. Monday—Why is it a danger to simply think of heaven as an escape from the troubles of this life? What does this fail to grasp?
2. Tuesday—How do you tend to think of heaven? A return to the Garden of Eden or something more? Something better?
3. Wednesday—What is the greatest thing about heaven? Is this what you tend to focus on when you think about heaven?
4. Thursday—What does it mean to be a conquerer (v. 7; cf. Revelation 12:11)? To whom does heaven belong? The weak or the strong? The satisfied or the thirsty?
5. Friday—What are some ways that you already start to experience the blessing of heaven? What can you do to take better advantage of these blessings?