God’s love is more valuable than life itself—this is a lesson that we learn in the wilderness.
I. Thirsting for God (v. 1)
A. David in the Wilderness (v. 1)
B. When You are in the Wilderness
II. Satisfied in God’s Love (vv. 2-8)
A. Where God’s Love is Truly Learned (vv. 2-4)
B. Confidence for the Future (vv. 5-8)
C. Your Sanctuary
III. All Lives are Eventually Lost (vv. 9-11)
A. God in the Wilderness (John 19:28; Isaiah 40:3, 5; 55:1)
B. Seeking to Save Your Life… (vv. 3, 9-11)
C. A Table in the Wilderness
1. Monday—Why is the word “my” so powerful? What is the difference between calling God “God” and calling Him “my God”?
2. Tuesday—What is the significance of the image of the wilderness in the Bible? Why is this a fitting picture for how David feels in Psalm 63?
3. Wednesday—What are some of the images in the tabernacle that comfort David? What are the “wings” in the tabernacle?
4. Thursday—How do we learn about God’s faithfulness? How does His care in the wilderness teach us to have confidence for the future?
5. Friday—What does it mean that the love of God is better than life? Do you believe that?