Be wise so nothing will draw you away from Jesus.
I. DECEPTION (13:1-14)
A. Dragon Speech (13:11-12, 14; cf. Rev. 11, John 8:44)
B. Great Signs (13:13-14; cf. Ex. 4:30-31, 7:13)
II. DEFORMATION (13:14-18)
A. Creating an Image of the Beast (13:14-15, 18 ; cf. Gen. 1:26-27)
B. Worshipping the Image of the Beast (13:15-16 ; cf. Ex. 32:4)
C. Depending on the Image of the Beast (13:17 ; cf. Isa. 55:1)
III. DISCERNMENT (13:18)
A. Where Wisdom is Found (13:18; 1 Cor. 1:20-25)
B. Reforming the Lamb’s Image (Col. 1:15-20)
C. Reflections on True Religion
D. A Sign of Wisdom
1. Monday—The world says to “follow your heart.” What does the Bible say? Should we follow our hearts?
2. Tuesday—How does the Earth-Beast mimic the Holy Spirit? What’s his role in the false Trinity?
3. Wednesday—What kind of language does the Earth-Beast speak? Why does John say it has 2 horn like a lamb, when he’s been saying the Lamb of God has 7 horns? How can religious talk be dangerous?
4. Thursday—What kind of signs does the Earth-Beast perform? Do people still look for signs? What sign has God given us?
5. Friday—In what ways does the Earth-Beast deform the image of God? What is the number of man and 666? What are some dangers when someone practices a religion of the self? What does John tell us to do so that we’re not deceived or deformed?