WHEN THE HARVEST IS RIPE
God abundantly blesses you when you give yourself in sacrifice.
I. THE GRAINS OF BLESSING (14:14-16)
A. The Son of Man Comes to Harvest (14:14; cf. Daniel 7:13)
B. The Hour to Reap (14:15; cf. Hebrews 1:4, Matthew 24:36, John 4:35)
C. The Grains are Ripe (14:15; cf. Revelation 12:11, John 12:24)
II. THE GRAPES OF WRATH (14:17-20)
A. The Grapes are Ripe (14:17-18; cf. Revelation 6:10)
B. The Bloody Winepress (14:19-20)
C. The Son of Man was Crushed (Hebrews 13:12-13)
D. The Grains and Grapes at the Table
1. Monday—What is one reason the world hates Jesus and those who follow him? What kind of life does Jesus call his followers to? What kind of life does the world pursue?
2. Tuesday—Who is the one like a son of man? What’s the significance of that title for us? Why is he seated on a white cloud? What kind of harvest does he perform?
3. Wednesday—Why is the first angel telling the one like a son of man what to do? How do you know the hour to reap has come? What does the grain harvest look like when they are ripe? Why is it so difficult to find blessing in suffering and death?
4. Thursday—Who are the grapes? What does it look like whey they’re ripe? What does that tell us about prosperity? What happens to the grapes?
5. Friday—Where do we find hope when we feel crushed? When we feel condemned? Where was Jesus condemned? Is Jesus’ blood enough for you in times of guilt?