The Last Day will be marked out by a gathering of humanity in unity against God, but will end in judgment.
I. Babel—The Mountain of Man (Genesis 11:1-9)
A. Let Us Build a Name for Ourselves (Genesis 11:1-4)
B. Postponing Judgment through Disunity (Genesis 11:5-9)
II. Har Magedon—The Mountain of Judgment (Revelation 16:1-21)
A. Brining Creation to a Close (vv. 1-11, 20-21; cf. Genesis 1)
B. Hastening Judgment through Unity (vv. 12-21)
C. The Divine Name and the Promise of Judgment (vv. 5, 15)
D. Praising God’s Justice (vv. 5-7)
III. Calvary—The of Salvation (vv. 2, 10-21)
A. Enduring Har Magedon (vv. 2, 10, 18)
B. The Warning to the United (v. 15; cf. Psalm 2)
1. Monday—What was the goal of those who built the Tower of Babel (Genesis 11)? What was wrong with their goal?
2. Tuesday—Why did God confuse the languages of men and disperse them around the world? Was this a permanent plan or a temporary one?
3. Wednesday—What is Har Magedon? Why does God seem to reverse all the disunity he brought at the Tower of Babel?
4. Thursday—Why are there so many similarities between the way Revelation 16 describes the Last Day and the way the crucifixion of Jesus was described? What was taking place on the cross?
5. Friday—Why do you think peace and unity are such a strong desire among people? Where is the only place true unity and peace can be found?