Resist the seduction of sin, because its end is death.
I. The Seduction of the Dragon (vv. 1-6)
A. The Dragon’s Message (vv. 1-2; Genesis 3:1-6)
B. The Dragon’s Evangelist (vv. 3-6)
C. None Are Above Temptation (v. 6)
II. The Reality Behind the Seduction (vv. 6-18)
A. Propaganda is not Reality (vv. 3, 6-14; cf. 13:1)
B. The Destitute Prostitute (vv. 7, 15-18)
III. The Way of Life
A. The Promise of the Dragon (cf. Genesis 3:1-7)
B. The Call of the Lamb (Matthew 16:24–27; Proverbs 3:13-18; 5:1-23)
C. The Proof of the Resurrection (Philippians 2:5-11)
D. The Visible Reminder
1. Monday—What does it mean that “narcissism has become a virtue”? What are some ways that this is evidenced in our modern society?
2. Tuesday—Who is the Prostitute and how is she related to the Dragon? What is (and always has been) the Dragon’s message? Why hasn’t he had to change it?
3. Wednesday—What are some of the forms the seduction of the world takes? What does the world promise to those who would swear allegiance to it?
4. Thursday—Is the church immune to the temptations of the world? How can you learn to stand strong against those temptations?
5. Friday—What does it mean to take up your cross and follow Jesus? What is the promise to those who do this? What proof does Jesus offer that those who lose their lives will find them?