The Tribulation and the Kingdom
Revelation 1:1-11; 7:13-17; 12:7-11; 22:1-5, 17, 21
You need not be afraid in the face of affliction, for Jesus is on His throne and He will set all things right.
I. The Tribulation (Revelation 4-11)
A. The Tribulation
B. The Seven Seals and Trumpets (Revelation 6:1-11:19)
C. The Response of Worship (Revelation 4-5)
II. The Kingdom (Revelation 12-22)
A. Satan’s Last Stand (12:1-17; 20:1-15)
B. The Rise and Fall of Two Beasts (Revelation 13:1-18; 17:1-18:24)
C. The New Creation (Revelation 14:1-16:21; 21:1-22:5)
III. Kingdom Life in the Tribulation (Revelation 2-3)
A. Love God with All Your Heart (2:1-7; 3:1-6)
B. Love God with All Your Mind (2:12-17; 3:14-22)
C. Love God with All Your Life (2:8-11; 3:7-13)
D. Finding Jesus (2:18-29)
1. Monday—John says that he is our partner in the Tribulation and the Kingdom (Revelation 1:9). How does he embody his message? How does this help you understand your sufferings in this life?
2. Tuesday—What is the tribulation? How is it experienced in this world? What is the right response to the travails of the tribulation?
3. Wednesday—What are the marks of the thousand year reign of Jesus (Revelation 20:1-6)? Does this mean that satan is totally inactive during this time?
4. Thursday—What does Revelation focus on when it describes heaven? What is the greatest blessing of heaven? Does your heart long to be with God and see Him face to face?
5. Friday—What are the basic messages of the seven letters in Revelation 2-3? How do they call us to live as citizens of Christ’s kingdom in the midst of tribulation?