The Face of God
The chief blessing of heaven is seeing God face to face.
I. The Vision of the New Eden (vv. 1-5)
A. The River (vv. 1-2; Genesis 2:8-12; Ezekiel 47:1-5)
B. The Tree (v. 2; Genesis 2:8-12; Ezekiel 47:1-5)
C. The Face (vv. 3-5; cf. Exodus 33:20)
II. The Vehicle of Salvation (vv. 1-4)
A. The Throne and the Lamb (v. 1)
B. The Cross of Life (vv. 2-3)
C. Union (v. 4)
III. The Victor (vv. 1-2, 5; Ezekiel 47:1-12)
A. Victors with Christ (v. 5; Revelation 2:7; Romans 8:37)
B. Victors by Grace (vv. 1-2; Ezekiel 47:1-12)
C. The Supper of Champions (v. 5)
1. Monday—What is the River of Life meant to be a picture of? Why does it get bigger and deeper as it goes?
2. Tuesday—What kind of life does the Tree of Life give? What does it bring healing from? Is it ever out of season (without fruit)?
3. Wednesday—Why is it odd that a Lamb is on the throne? What does this show you about the nature of God’s victory? How does this call you to see victory in your own pursuit of heaven?
4. Thursday— Do you ever struggle to believe that God has enough grace for you? Can you ever exhaust God’s grace? How does the image of the River of Life help you to know this?
5. Friday—What is the chief blessing of heaven? Why might some people want to go to heaven if they really understood what it is like? Does seeing God face to face delight you as it should?