Your Greatest Strength
Your greatest strength is that you belong to God.
I. Chosen and Consecrated (vv. 4-8)
A. God Chose Jeremiah (vv. 4-8; Deuteronomy 18:18-20)
B. God Set Jeremiah Apart for a Purpose (v. 5)
II. Calling and Commission
A. God Called Jeremiah to Speak the Word (vv. 1-4, 9-13)
B. God Commissioned Jeremiah to go to the Nations (vv. 5, 10, 13-19; cf. John 3:16)
III. Cruciformity and Courage
A. God Called Jeremiah to be Shaped by the Word (vv. 1-3, 11-19; cf. John 1:14)
B. God Assured Jeremiah that he Need not Fear (vv. 7-8, 19)
C. God is with You
1. Monday—How do you typically answer the question “What are your strengths and weaknesses?” Do you like this question? Why or why not?
2. Tuesday—Is it fair that God chose Jeremiah and called him to be a prophet with out Jeremiah’s permission? What does it mean that we are “…living in the middle of a story that was begun and will be concluded by another”?
3. Wednesday—What did God expect from prophets? What didn’t he expect? Even though you’re not a prophet, how does this help you know what God does and doesn’t expect from you?
4. Thursday—What is “cruciformity”? What does it mean that God is shaping you by his word? What does the finished product look like?
5. Friday—What leads you to fear as you face the road ahead? What is God’s cure for your fear?